Resolving to organize or downsize in 2020?
Give your items new life by donating to Significant Elements, Historic Ithaca’s non-profit architectural salvage store!
That box of old hardware in your basement is our dream come true!
We accept the following and more. Stop in, email Sara or give us a call at 607-277-3450 with questions. Pick-up available for large items or large loads. Thank you!
Antiques: trunks, sewing machines, vintage stereos & radios, typewriters, odds & ends
Architectural Elements: hardware, doors, mantels, moldings, corbels, columns, stained glass, stair parts
Books: architecture, design, decorative arts
Building Materials: lumber, bricks, kitchen cabinets & counters, windows, doors
Décor: mirrors, vintage kitchen items, frames, pictures or paintings, plant stands
Farm & Barn: hardware, tools, agricultural implements, feeders, barrels, crates
Furniture: bookcases, beds, desks, chairs, tables, dressers, chests, stools, workbenches
Garden: planters & pots, statuary, trellis, benches, gates & fences, tools
Hardware: door, window, cabinet, furniture
Lighting: table & floor lamps, ceiling fixtures, sconces, parts
Plumbing: sinks, tubs, toilets, faucets
Storage: shelving, lockers, file cabinets
Tools: hand, power, woodworking, masonry
Thank you! You’ll receive a tax-deductible donation receipt.
Significant Elements appreciates your donation and we make an effort to accept as many usable items as possible. We are limited by space, demand, and the environment hazards posed by certain materials and we must be selective in accepting donations.
We DO NOT accept:
- Refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioners and computers
- Fluorescent lights, can lights, or track lighting
- Electric or gas baseboard heaters
- Open bags of cement, mortar, drywall compound, grout, etc.
- Ceiling tiles (unless new in package)
- Cabinets with missing drawers and doors
- Melamine, laminate, particle board cabinets
- Particle board laminate desks, bookcases, and furniture
- Laminate counter-tops: L-shaped or outdated colors
- High-flow toilets (we DO ACCEPT new, low-flow toilets (1.6 gal/flush or less) orantique toilets ca. 1940s or older)
- Fiberglass or cultured marble sinks
- Shower doors
- Tile with heavy grout or old cement
- Windows: one-light, non-wavy glass; thermal pane without a frame; double-hung in poor condition; single-pane windows in frame
- Lumber or trim that is shorter than 4′, rotten, damaged, heavily painted, or with nails
- Treated lumber, unless new and still tagged with ACQ sticker
- Fiberglass insulation
- Upholstered furniture: couches, love seats, easy chairs, and ottomans (we DO ACCEPT solid wood furniture such as tables, chairs, stools, desks, etc)
- Wood burning equipment, unless antique or new and unused
- Old thermostats or any item containing mercury
- Most vinyl/plastic items: shutters, cabinets doors, bi-fold doors, etc.